Remember me
Lost Password Register

DIR workout group
04-27-2004, 09:51 AM,
Re:DIR workout group
The Wisonsin dive shop, Deep Blue, does Wednesday night "tweek dives". That's where everyone whose gone thorugh the DIR-F class gets together to work on their skills from the course, and get video taped doing them. This works out quite well as far as feedback goes.

As far as workouts go, it's a little more unstructured- since everyone works different hours and belong to different gyms.

I know that I have tried to get my freediving buddy to join the local YMCA that I go to, but he and his wife belong elsewhere. That means I can't push myself as hard in my pool training as I would like to, but we have to make do with the trainin partners we can get.

On a side note, I just got back from the pool where I video taped a couple of tri-atheletes who were working on their swimming form. In turn they video taped me with my monofin so that we can do instant feed-back in the pool to work on streamlining. The same holds true for bouyancy control and streamlining while diving. Vidoe tape is a great teaching/learning tool for all sports.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
DIR workout group - by shamre - 04-27-2004, 07:16 AM
Re:DIR workout group - by DRE - 04-27-2004, 09:12 AM
Re:DIR workout group - by shamre - 04-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Re:DIR workout group - by Freedive WI - 04-27-2004, 09:51 AM