Remember me
Lost Password Register

Moving to MN
09-04-2004, 10:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2004, 10:24 PM by amyinwv.)
Moving to MN
Well, I really appreciate all the support and info. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the land of 10,000 lakes has to offer. I have pulled out my mickey mouse boots and dusted off my ice cleets and put my bug up for sale.

A bit more discouraging as far as the PSD aspect. I spoke with someone today that was formerly involved with the PSD team in that area. They no longer have a dive team and have turned it over to the sheriff completely due to lack of funding and the refusal to even cover them if they did it voluntarily. How typically political, anyone whom has been involved in a fire dept. knows what I'm talking about.

As far as diving dry, I just don't know. I felt like I'm having carotid sinus reflex throughout the whole dive! My buoyancy was all over the place. I couldn't seem to work the shoulder vent properly. And I realized that I have the habit of swimming with my feet above my head (I think that came from habitial avoidance to stir up the bottom). But I guess I can give it a try again if it means I get to see all those prestine wrecks.

By the way, has anyone tried a "Polar Bear Club" dip?? :o That is one of those items that's on my "list of things to do before I die" (not that I plan to kick it anytime soon) and figured Minnesota probably has something of that nature.

Thanks, Amy

Messages In This Thread
Moving to MN - by amyinwv - 09-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Re:Moving to MN - by MNLakeDiver - 09-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Re:Moving to MN - by DanL - 09-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Re:Moving to MN - by jasondbaker - 09-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Moving to MN - by amyinwv - 09-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Re:Moving to MN - by DanL - 09-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Re:Moving to MN - by Magelk - 09-05-2004, 10:14 PM