Remember me
Lost Password Register

DIY project?
03-24-2005, 11:34 AM,
Re: DIY project?
Chuck,
It sounds like they are all DIY rebreather guys. Some still tech dive and others have given it up to strictly freedive- but are still looking for something to do with all of those spare parts they have lying around. Wink

The simplest thing, from what I understand, would be to just get a Dolphin but not hook up the drive bottle. That way you just sit in a chair and breath from it for 5 minutes followed by 5 minutes off, to let it recycle, and then breath off of it again for 5 minutes. Since this is done on the surface, and not while doing any exercise, there's little chance of falling over- altough I don't think I'd try it with a F/F mask. Big Grin

I think that someone mentioned getting a Biopack off of ebay and using something like that. Making sure it had some type of 02 monitor would be essential so you know how low your breathing bag is getting and can cycle off for a few minutes.

I just don't know if it's worth buying an old rebreather to work on my freediving.  ???  It certainly is cheaper than buying a $10,000 hypoxic tent, or one of those $1,500 IHT trainers.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
DIY project? - by Freedive WI - 03-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Re: DIY project? - by rcojr - 03-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Re: DIY project? - by Freedive WI - 03-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Re: DIY project? - by Chuck_Northrup - 03-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Re: DIY project? - by Freedive WI - 03-24-2005, 11:34 AM