Remember me
Lost Password Register

anyone into underwater spearfishing?
08-16-2002, 09:08 PM,
Re:anyone into underwater spearfishing?
Hey Jason,<br>I'm sure you can use tanks...in fact.. to spearfish in North Dakota you have to be certified OW (in north dakota you can spear northerns and walleye, not sure about other game fish, to bad there's no vis over here) The carp and suckers were wary when I was freediving, so not sure how that might work with the tanks. Maybe not much difference.<br><br>Minnesota spearfishing opens May 1st - Feb. 16th, sunrise to sunset. I think spearfishing in our area is not to popular mainly because of the rough fish. If you could take walleye I'd be eating walleye all the time. I'm sure it's also a bit unpopular with some of the diving community because, as you know, it is neat to see those fish under the water (as far as carp go it's a not only fun to see them, it's a lotta fun to spear 'um). We're never going to put a dent in the sucker or carp populations maybe if we could it would help with the game fish populations. Could you imagine what would happen if you could spear northerns or walleye in Minnesota? Spearfishing would be popular then... and there wouldn't be any northerns or walleye left. Just as deer hunting or gopher hunting isn't popular with everyone, I'm sure spearfishing is the same. <br><br>It is a lot of fun!<br>BTW - I was in Mick's Scuba today in Moorhead and they must of had 15 or more spearguns on the wall for sale. Maybe it is getting more popular.<br><br>Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?

Messages In This Thread
Re:anyone into underwater spearfishing? - by gp - 08-14-2002, 09:12 AM
Re:anyone into underwater spearfishing? - by gp - 08-14-2002, 11:22 AM
Re:anyone into underwater spearfishing? - by freedivernd - 08-16-2002, 09:08 PM