Remember me
Lost Password Register

Going to Maui
03-20-2006, 10:24 AM,
Re: Going to Maui
Joe -

I was there a couple years ago in march and stayed at kaanapali beach hotel right by black rock.  We dove a couple times with lahina divers and due to the winds, they took us to lanai to dive.  a little cooler than just a shorty in my book but they were very accomodating, big boat with lots of deck space to gear up.  my son and I have lots of dives and having a dm rating plus a wheelbarrel of other cards, they let my son & I pretty much do what we wanted as long as we kept their dm and group in sight.  we were actually down one wall to 110' where they put a limit to 80' with the rest of the group.  I was happy not to be restricted.  Kind of funny as when we were filling out the pre-dive paperwork and they asked when our last dive was, we said a few weeks prior through the ice in Minnesota.  You should have seen their jaws drop!  lol.  There was some really nice "flats" areas with small caves that held shark they cased out for us to see.  all in all a good experience.  back to the kaanapali beach, it was snorkeling only that we did but really nice.  huge turtles were there and lots of fish in the black rock bay.  also, you have to jump off the cliffs at black rock. take a surfing lesson or two as well. very very fun.  aloha...

pete

Messages In This Thread
Going to Maui - by blackfin - 03-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Re: Going to Maui - by mart0681 - 07-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Re: Going to Maui - by vmi - 03-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Re: Going to Maui - by blackfin - 03-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Re: Going to Maui - by vmi - 03-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Re: Going to Maui - by blackfin - 03-27-2006, 02:08 PM