Remember me
Lost Password Register

No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits
06-07-2006, 07:37 PM,
No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits
I just heard a rumor today that the previous thread confirmed......  The only camping allowed at the Crosby Ironton pit lakes is at the Portsmouth campground :o :o.  Apparently the DNR has closed the area to "open" camping.  The only place where overnight camping is now allowed is the campground at Portsmouth.  I know that a lot of us have enjoyed going up there and camping overnight while diving over the years.  A lot of summer trips are probably being planned as we speak, and I thought that a thread with this title would inform several divers who might otherwise be thinking of heading up for diving and camping at the pit lakes. 
My thoughts is that this is a bit of a two edged sword Sad ;D. The upside would be that the people who usually go up for a big PARTY and leave a mess of broken glass and cans would now have to go somewhere else.  The downside of course is that those of us who like the solitude of the area and the convenient diving right from your campsite now have a bit more logistics to consider.

Messages In This Thread
No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by AandA - 06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by wtdrm - 06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Crosby pits info to B--ch about "no more camping" - by wtdrm - 06-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by wtdrm - 06-16-2006, 07:18 AM