Remember me
Lost Password Register

No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits
07-31-2006, 03:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-31-2006, 03:05 PM by LKunze.)
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits
Yeah, it's not an issue anymore from what I heard.  The DNR never ever posted any signs for no camping or anything.  The fact is the DNR does not own all of the land in the area and cannot enforce any rules for land they do not own.  The whole purpose of them saying no camping in the first place was for a good cause in my opinion.  They were trying to force out the people that were parking their trailers out there and basically living there as a summer cabin retreat.  I think those doing that should have been kicked out but they couldn't technically prevent them from camping there without banning camping for everyone so this whole thing kind of fell apart before it ever was able to be put in place.  I've been told they are doing subtle improvements out there but there isn't any state funding for it really so don't expect any big changes.  The trail that was put in was not paid for by the state.  It was paid for by a private donation I was told.  This is all I know at the moment.  So... I guess get those tents out and do some camp & dives!  Wink

Messages In This Thread
No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by AandA - 06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by gp - 07-31-2006, 03:01 PM
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by wtdrm - 06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Crosby pits info to B--ch about "no more camping" - by wtdrm - 06-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by wtdrm - 06-16-2006, 07:18 AM