Remember me
Lost Password Register

No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits
12-01-2006, 09:06 AM,
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits

The company pulling out on the deal was for the east end of the range over by Aurora to be exact.
It took us 8 years to acomplish the Ore-be-Gone sites. There is moneies out there to be had but you have to apply for it. We got the city of Gilbert to do this for us, we worked real close with them and still assist them when needed.
Has anyone gone to the Crosby City  to talk to the Mayor about this. When we did Ore-be-Gone I talked to the Mayor and at the same time set up to do a talk to the city consil When we went to the meeting I had a power point presentation to show them what was done else where to quarries with photos and videos that helped. I had photos and videos of Ore-be-Gone, Lake Mine, Stubler, showing the underwater world. It impressed them that they had their grant writer do the work up for it which gave them numbers that was impressive. One number they looked at was the estimated bump to the economy ($4,000,000.00) It was also givin to the County Commisioners which also granted moneies from the County Recreational Fund and IRRB.
I see a lot of finger pointing, complaining should've, would've, could've. Everyone seems to want to sit back waiting for someone else to do it.
Form yourselves a group and go after it (don't let them crap on you) You might be surprised where it will go, but it will be a slow proccess.

Messages In This Thread
No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by AandA - 06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by Tall Pine Divers - 12-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by wtdrm - 06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Crosby pits info to B--ch about "no more camping" - by wtdrm - 06-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Re: No More camping at Crosby Ironton Pits - by wtdrm - 06-16-2006, 07:18 AM