Remember me
Lost Password Register

FREEDIVE APALOOZA.. July 15-16th, 2006 - Wazee
07-07-2006, 07:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2007, 04:27 PM by freedivernd.)
FREEDIVE APALOOZA.. July 15-16th, 2006 - Wazee
The Freedive Apalooza is a go again next weekend at Black River Falls, Wi.. at Lake Wazee.  This will be the 3rd annual get together.  We had about a dozen freedivers there last year, a good time was had for sure.  Jon from wisconsin (Freedive Wi) had his diver safety system there plus having several experienced freedivers there for safety was a great plus if anyone was interested in the deeper depths.  I'm sure Jon has the weekend on his list again and will have his gear there.. I'll have all my gear there.. which means lots of extra freediving equipment to use or tryout.  Scuba fins and masks work out fine to for the shallower depths, and we'll spend quite a bit of time there too.  We also had a speargun course setup that I understand was pretty cool... I didn't try it, but I have several styrofoam targets and spearguns I can bring along so maybe we'll have a target range setup again.  Maybe we have an outdoor movie again on saturday night (Jon?).  With the underwater camera's we could probably get some video/photos during the day and check it out in the evenings too.  A good time to work on technique.  If you have any interest in trying freediving, a little extreme snorkeling, or even just some good surface time, this is the time and place.. good support, lots of knowledge and experience, and a great place to dive.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?

Messages In This Thread
FREEDIVE APALOOZA.. July 15-16th, 2006 - Wazee - by freedivernd - 07-07-2006, 07:15 PM