Remember me
Lost Password Register

Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby
08-18-2006, 10:25 PM,
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby
It's too bad to keep hearing about this kind of behavior. When a group of us went there for the first time about a month ago at the same location we found trash there also... mostly empty bottles and misc "party night" stuff, but didn't have any bags with because it wasn't expected that we would have to pick up after careless people. We also saw 2 other sites which were in the same condition. I believe it's a good idea to get people together to try and keep things clean but we also need to be looking a little further out into the future as to how can we prevent such behavior. Unfortunately it will most likely end up involving more of the DNR's time and the State of MN's money to get some results. I guess I like most people don't have an answer right now... but only a suggestion or two. I recently dove the Madeira in Superior and was impressed with how they have that access set up only for Divers. For those of you not familiar with it, you just stop at the parks office a few miles down the road, register with your certification for FREE, and they give you the combo to the lock. Of course it would need to be for anyone at Crosby, and it would be a major pain for most people, but it's something to think about, or maybe improving on the idea. One thing is for sure, something needs to be done to preserve this, cause you don't see things like this happening at Itasca.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby - by wtdrm - 08-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby - by wtdrm - 08-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby - by wtdrm - 08-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby - by wtdrm - 08-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Re: Bad Times Despite Great Dives at Crosby - by spitfire_er - 08-18-2006, 10:25 PM