Remember me
Lost Password Register

Vintage equipment identification
12-14-2007, 10:43 AM,
Re: Vintage equipment identification
"modern dive equipment is made more complicated"  The more complicated, the higher the risk in usage. Remember the Space shuttle has 250,000 moving parts, all made by the lowest bidder and it has to work.

Simple viontage gear such as the DA Aquamaster and the Royal Aquamaster are rock solid and bullet proof.  New parts are available whichg makes them diveable.  I have had both on wrecks at  120 and 135 resopectuively, the DA Aquamaster  was silky smooth.  The ram was of course better on the deeper dive.  The upside is  when doing photography the bubbles are behind you.  With the redesign of the HP nozzle of the Royal Aquamaster, the new design allows for 3 HP ports, 3 LP ports and in my opinion breathes at least 50 better than the older Royal Aquamaster when it is tuned to perfection.

Compared to my 800 dollar plastic single hose, whuich is a great breather shallow or depth, it still sucks compared to the new Pheonix double hose regs performance which inhale breaks at .75 inch of water on the magnahalic.  Complicated no.. they dont have to be. Simple and robust  yes

Messages In This Thread
Vintage equipment identification - by AandA - 07-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Re: Vintage equipment identification - by isodude - 12-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Re: Vintage equipment identification - by AandA - 07-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Re: Vintage equipment identification - by AandA - 07-03-2007, 11:14 AM