Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear
02-27-2003, 01:53 PM,
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear
This post is relative to the entirety of the current thread - I'm confused...I thought the purpose of this forum was to exchange information. This post started out as informative and interesting and now has turned into a testosterone laced personal vendetta by Buddy Inspiration supporters.

Any information CCR divers have to offer is always welcome and of interest. Why they feel they are being attacked is of even more interest. If you feel that your method of diving, be it CCR or OC is best for you - great! Questioning the safety and reliability of the CCR or OC is not a personal attack to anyone - it's important to question all methods of diving. If we don't question how else will we come up with new and better SCUBA equipment and diving procedures?

The responses I've read on this thread also puzzle me. Why do you feel personally attacked if someone is pointing out factual information about CCR's? Is it because you don't like to hear that you spent thousands of dollars on sub-par equipment that is flat out dangerous - even when used properly? Is that you have something to prove? Or is it because you're on the Public Relations payroll for the Buddy Inspiration and looking to spin things in your favor to promote sales?

I think that ALL opinions are important and need to be shared on this forum reguardless of dive experience. To ask for ones dive experience without first offering and posting your own is a little cowardly, wouldn't you agree?

Also, CCR information, like anything else, can be obtained without having actually used one. Personally, I like to read up on something and gather as much usefull information about it, be it positive or negative, before I die trying something for the first time wheather it is Trimix, OC, DPV, Cave Diving, etc..

It's not a competition, diving is for fun, remember?????

Messages In This Thread
Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by DRE - 02-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by chrisw - 02-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 02-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by JNitrox - 02-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by JNitrox - 03-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Re:Diver one of sixteen to die using high-tech gear - by Groovekitty - 03-03-2003, 02:12 PM