Remember me
Lost Password Register

some one selling old ship wreck stuff on craigs list
07-09-2009, 03:34 PM,
Re: some one selling old ship wreck stuff on craigs list
It may fall into the "Eye of the beholder" catagory.  I think almost everyone on MNscuba could appreciate a good wreck to dive, but if you appeal to the general public to  give money to preserve a wreck vs. buying a new police car or computers for a school- preserving the wreck won't rate very high on the priority list.  (Thanks GLSPS for taking over the cause).  It almost takes an instance like this to remember how few people really are protecting the wrecks.  I also think it would be tough to get the police to react to scavaging wrecks.  I found a Bank-night deposit box, a deposit bag weighted down with rocks and had legible checks in it and a 12 foot fishing boat with legible lic#.  I turned the bag of checks and boat number over to the police and took a ride with an officer(of coarse she had me sit in the back) back to the lake.  I showed her the exact spot.  One month later, all the items were still sitting in the exact same spot.  If they didn't react to a felony at the bottem of a lake, what would happen with scavaging?  Divers really need to stay vocal on this stuff-Jeff
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson

Messages In This Thread
Re: some one selling old ship wreck stuff on craigs list - by scubadog76 - 07-09-2009, 03:34 PM