Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lesson learned! Bought a 30 pony bottle.
03-08-2010, 09:31 AM,
Lesson learned! Bought a 30 pony bottle.
I was stuck in between a 19 and a 30 pony bottle.  I was asking a guy from our club and before I knew it he wanted to sell one.  That is the lesson I learned ask information about stuff and out of the blue someone may want to sell.
I set a 19 and a 30 next to each other.  To me it was not much of a difference.  So I decided on a 30.  It was new in 05 and is going to going for hydro soon.  Known the guy for a while, so I knew it was a good choice.  Dont think there will be a problem with hydro, but well see. 
Than I was thinking what regulator do I want.  I call a guy who I buy stuff from and he said, to me I would buy the same regulator you have now.  Wow never thought of that.  Makes sense that its the same as what I have, does good in cold water and in warm.  Uses the same exact parts and if your used to the first one this one should be no problem.
So I am looking forward to doing much shipwreck diving this year and having a life saving tool like this bottle to have.  Talked to a few divers also that have had their regulators free flow around 100 feet.  The company who they sent it into did not adjust it right.  So its not a chance I want to take.
Also I have noticed a rubber like necklass type regulator holder you can put around your neck and what ever regulator you choose Will be in easy reach of you.  So if you are gearing up you can put your main so you know where it is before you go in.  Than of course your second so you dont have to reach around to find it when you need it.  Than of course your pony regulator.

Messages In This Thread
Lesson learned! Bought a 30 pony bottle. - by Adam6521 - 03-08-2010, 09:31 AM