Remember me
Lost Password Register

The Argonauts John or Jean Francois ???????
06-20-2011, 09:35 AM,
Re: The Argonauts John or Jean Francois ???????

I guess I was a bit negative. You are right with MSD having great intel on the pits and Aquaventure having great info on cameras. I think I am still going through NAUI withdrawls from Smith Diving going out of business. I wasn't diving yet when Argonauts or Vets Salvage Diving were in business, but those shops sounded like they were fun to be in. Smith Diving for me was a fun shop to be in as I could ask Lee or one of his employees a question about a certain lake (that was not a training tub) or a spot on the mississippi river, and they would give you an intelligent answer as to any experience they or people they know had there. If I had a question about gear they had a pretty knowledgable staff that could answer "correctly". I never got wrapped up in the fun dives they did at Smith, but I really liked the treasure dives (not because they were at Square but because I won a lot of neat stuff at them).
When I was refering to myself being a newbie I was comparing the four years that I have been diving with the forty years so many in the area have been diving. I am bummed out that I haven't used my time more wisely and talked to more of those more experienced divers, to learn from them where to go based on where they have been (or haven't been). Even folks with 10 years diving experience dwarf my experience and I am humbled when I am around them. Maybe thats why I like solo diving so much... less humility, more "being the best diver in the lake that day". All I can say it to take advantage of your time and talk to some of the more experienced divers in the area before they move to clearer, warmer water.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Argonauts John or Jean Francois ??????? - by DetectorGuy - 06-20-2011, 09:35 AM