Remember me
Lost Password Register

The Argonauts John or Jean Francois ???????
06-20-2011, 08:59 PM,
Re: The Argonauts John or Jean Francois ???????

In honor of the seven deadly sins, (that I, personally like to rotate with the seven days of the week), I just finished wolfing a pizza, but it gave me time to think. First, I think Johns (Deterguy) right, no doubt he's sick of hearing that, not nearly as sick as I am, of telling him, ( I think that's 3 times now) but thats another deal. You don't hear the, "put another dollar in", "pay and dive immediately" that spell out NAUI or CMAS or NASDS, but PADI kicks out a lot of divers, so maybe that makes them an easy target. What I miss about Aubineau's "advanced" class, is that it went on a 2 year rotation, cant imagine that today, every Thur. night and it dove (sorry) into topics like, small boat handling, marlinspike seamanship, reg. repair/tanks, hypothermia, deco, wrecks, compressors, ice, night, etc. put on by his instructors who were into each topic. I suspect in some ways PADI chopped each into a separate cert. and a separate bill, miss a class no big deal it would come back around in 4-6 months. After class we go out to a local dive on University ave. and have some pizza and salads, and sit around and bs about the class. Back then you didn't get a card, in fact with Aubineau you had to beg to ever get a card, but you learned a lot, and you had time to develop friendships for the type of diving you liked to do. The difference was a single fee, so if the individual class wasn't of interest to you, you could still show up maybe learn something, maybe not, but you only waste your time, today with all the seperate fees and cards, if a topics not of interest, your for sure not showing up, due to the seperate bill. Guess its just the way times change.     TRINITY
Open season on the open seas,,,,We ani't stealing were just taking back,,,,call it pilage or call it plunder, were taken back from the boys down under,,,,,,,Jimmy Buffet         952-201-3029  (cell)

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Argonauts John or Jean Francois ??????? - by Terry - 06-20-2011, 08:59 PM