Remember me
Lost Password Register

GLSPS CHarlie Anchor - Just For Fun - Madeira Monitoring Project
08-12-2010, 10:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2010, 08:02 AM by PJK.)
GLSPS CHarlie Anchor - Just For Fun - Madeira Monitoring Project
The GLSPS is conducting another Project this weekend.  The Name of the Project is the "Charlie Anchor - Just For Fun and Madeira Monitoring Project.  The goal is to monitor and document the condition of the Just for fun, the Madeira Pilot House and, check the chain that secures the Charlie Anchor to the bottom of Lake Superior that was installed by the GLSPS two years ago.  The divers and crew will be shooting video and will also be taking still pictures of the shipwrecks, (and Anchor) mainly for documentation. 

This project will also help the GLSPS determine if anything can be done to reduce the deterioration of the Madeira's Pilot House.  Perhaps we can rebuild it??  We are really not sure that it can be done?  It's been said that the Pilot house moves around from year to year.  If it does, maybe we could start with securing it??  Or maybe that wouldn't be a good idea either?  It may need a little give so that it doesn't completely tear it apart even more?  Any ideas out there?

This Project filled up quick.  Those of you that would really like to join the GLSPS on any Project, need to sign up as soon as you can.  Please log onto the website at to find out what projects are still available this year and by contacting the Leader.  If anything, at least go up to dive some of these shipwrecks. Call your local Dive Shop to see if they are running an organized trip along the North shore of Lake Superior.  Or call Jay Hanson from Superior Dive Charters, he will be able to take you out to dive the shipwrecks too.

I will post the results of this project when it's completed.  Hopefully the weather will hold out?  I heard that the storms are moving through again.

Safe travels and diving.

Phil Kerber
GLSPS President
Safe Diving<br />PJK

Messages In This Thread
GLSPS CHarlie Anchor - Just For Fun - Madeira Monitoring Project - by PJK - 08-12-2010, 10:51 PM