Remember me
Lost Password Register

snappers on the busch
01-30-2011, 12:32 PM,
snappers on the busch
Managed to get away for a few days for some warm water diving. We stayed in summerland key which is only a few miles away from the artificial reef the Adolphus Busch. Uncle Ben hooked us up with a place to stay and a boston whaler 320 outrage boat at our disposal.  8)

unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate as much as we would have liked. Still managed to get 8 dives in on the wreck with visability from 20-50'. Scored mutton snapper and yellowtail for table fare. Grouper was closed, so of course they were everywhere >Sad. I have been diving nitrox for quite awhile so wasn't used to the narcosis. Diving on air and somewhat chilled, I found myself hearing the bells ringing loudly and rather stoned with narcosis  :-[. Rather than the comfotably numb song by floyd, I kept hearing "hello darkness my old friend"  ;D but had no snappy comeback lyrics  ???. I attributed my missed shots to the narcosis but it turned out that my spear shaft was bent.

Had an encounter with the taxman that I will elaborate more on when I can use my voice typing program  :o

Messages In This Thread
snappers on the busch - by Shooter - 01-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Re: snappers on the busch - by Shooter - 01-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Re: snappers on the busch - by billatlake - 02-23-2011, 10:38 AM