Remember me
Lost Password Register

What training/experiences make for better scuba divers
06-23-2011, 11:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2011, 01:00 PM by freedivernd.)
What training/experiences make for better scuba divers
I've been watching a thread get a bit out of whack and the subject kinda drifted to something about hands entangled, so, thought I'd start a thread in that jist of things.

Here's a thought I had.. if you really want to get to where you can maintain some composure when sh!+ hits the fan underwater while scuba diving, come with me down about 100' on just a breath.. I don't think there is one thing that compares to the calming effect you will have scuba diving after having learned to freedive.  Even though I don't scuba often.. and because of this I know, since I took up freediving, my air use when I scuba is similar or better to someone who has far more experience than I do.  One think you learn real quick in freediving is... you have time, so take your time.  Controlling your adrenaline and heart rate is a must.

I also believe our dark water experiences have almost as much benefit to remaining calm if there is adversity while scuba diving.  All of a sudden, diving in blue water is like a dream compared to what we normally see.  Which sometimes, isn't much.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?

Messages In This Thread
What training/experiences make for better scuba divers - by freedivernd - 06-23-2011, 11:20 AM