Remember me
Lost Password Register

amazing first deer hunt for 12 year old
11-10-2011, 07:06 AM,
amazing first deer hunt for 12 year old
another amazing story for discussion.

my 12year old was super excited to go deer hunting for first time. passed fire arm safety class. got all gear together. .. goes off with brother in law who the day before closed on the property in question. 3 groups of families go as a group basically on a group hunt. during the night one older "guest" goes out and sprinkles apples under his stand. at sun up, everyone goes out, and he shoots a deer. second non-shooter gives hand and helps the older gentlemen by gutting the deer, at which point ....
the DNR officer walks up, and asks who's deer this is.
have the kids go inside .
"your in violation for hunting on bait." after numerous interrogations. it pans out that 3 stands had salt licks that had trace amounts of molasses in them, one stand had apples under it. the salt licks were placed months ago, but that didn't matter. 3 adults got $900 fines, and lost guns. kids being new hunters were allowed to get away with warning since the adults should have known better and guide them better. in honesty the other adults were not aware that they had made a violation until then. the apples placed by the guest were not known by the owner who had just purchased the land the day before.
&quot;Dont make me choose.....you wont win..&quot; wise words to the wife.<br />&quot;is it more important to protect the innocent, or Punish the guilty,That is, after all, why we punish the guilty&quot;

Messages In This Thread
amazing first deer hunt for 12 year old - by popolarbear - 11-10-2011, 07:06 AM