Remember me
Lost Password Register

various lake superior dive sites question(s)
02-01-2013, 02:35 PM,
various lake superior dive sites question(s)
since it gets a little slow during the winter I thought I would post a few questions and perhaps create some interest and anticipation / motivation for some diving come spring & summer.  Id like to focus this on Lake Superior diving and more specifically shore diving on the north shore.  Here are the questions:

1. There are a number of state owned sites along the shore including wayside rests, state parks etc. I am wondering if anyone has dove at any of these sites?

2. If you have please list which one, where specifically at the location you dove and perhaps the specifics ie what were the depths, was there anything interesting like structure etc.

here is a link to the lake superior water trail map, its intended more for kayakers but I think it could be a useful tool for us scuba divers to identify potential shore dive access points. 

I know the lake has had 1,000 of divers explore it I highly doubt anyone will uncover an unsolved mystery but perhaps some of these have never had a diver explore them and maybe there is some interesting structure dives we could find????  I know there are a handful of books outline and highlighting dive spots on the shore but I think we can find more.

I know a number of the state parks have several lake access points and i think we often get focused on specific spots rather than exploring new.
Has anyone dove around Gooseberry say to the north of the river or to the south of the river or from other locations in the park? what about split rock i know there are sea caves and a boulder field under the lighthouse best reached by boat, what about other shore accessible points?

Messages In This Thread
various lake superior dive sites question(s) - by racer17m - 02-01-2013, 02:35 PM