Remember me
Lost Password Register

Split Rock dive sites
08-21-2013, 01:38 PM,
Split Rock dive sites
Im sure everyone here is familar with diving the Maderia at Split Rock and Im sure many of you have dove several of the other shore access sites along the north shore. Having gone to college in Duluth I grew fond of the North Shore Ive read several of the books written about diving along the shore but I never understood why no one ever really worked at developing the sites. We have all these state parks that have great diving potential (Crosby mines too) but the DNR seemed to be missing the boat (no pun intented) at adding these as features to their parks. I have spoked to the DNR and gotten their approval and support to work on developing dive sites with in the state parks. This will extend the scope of what the parks can offer. To start we are going to focus on Split Rock since GLSPS has already forged the ground and developed the Madira site. What I am setting out to do is dive and map out the other areas of the park and determine where we can establish designated access points and suggested dive routes to see the various interesting topography etc. My summer has gotten away from me with a home addition so I havent had time to dive split rock so I am reaching out to anyone interested in helping. We have a lot of shoreline to cover with in split rock a lot maybe difficult or not accessible, some areas might not be easily accessible but if we can prove its an area worth improving access too it may be worth it. the goal is to dive and map as much of the park as possible. Once we have the information gathered the Park will be able to offer the information to anyone interested in diving at the park. (once we have all the information we will also look at establishing formal dive maps and potentially signage with in the park). Split Rock is the stepping off point for this we will move on to the other parks such as gooseberry etc. So if anyone is interested in helping please let me know.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Split Rock dive sites - by racer17m - 08-21-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: Split Rock dive sites - by popolarbear - 08-21-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: Split Rock dive sites - by racer17m - 08-21-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: Split Rock dive sites - by DetectorGuy - 08-21-2013, 07:29 PM