Remember me
Lost Password Register

New member question square lake or not
09-09-2013, 08:32 AM,
RE: New member question square lake or not
I would say if its the last dive of the year... Square lake would not be a great choice as the viz is not as good as it was several years ago and the items on the bottom are kinda boring. Diving there would leave you both in a deep depression all winter long. I would say Crosby/Ironton area mine pits would be a good choice, but if you don't know the area, the rough dirt roads back in there can be like a maze. Then finding the good spots to dive in each of the several pits can be a challenge as things aren't placed here for divers to see... and the few vehicles that are there are spread out too far to hit more than one on a single dive. There are lots of fish in the shallows though and some great wall dives. I think the GLSPS is doing some fun dives there on Saturday the 14th and it would be good to tag along with them to learn some of the area.

I would say if you want to hit a really nice lake with 30' viz and lots of man made items to see, Ore Be Gone is the one to dive. It is 60 miles North of Duluth, but they have two helicopters, two planes, two rail speeders, a rail truck, a short bus, a jeep, a boat, a car and some other misc stuff. These can all be dove from shore although one of the helicopters, one of the planes, and the car are on the other side of the lake and you can drive around the lake to get shore access to these. They have buoys on most of these items but I have a map showing where most of them are if you want.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New member question square lake or not - by DetectorGuy - 09-09-2013, 08:32 AM