Remember me
Lost Password Register

training agency
04-03-2014, 01:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014, 01:49 PM by nimoh.)
RE: training agency

thanks for the info, and thanks for the welcome.

We are a volunteer dive team for the Olmsted County Sheriff's Department and train twice a month and currently looking at getting formal training. We are down to two options.

1. Bring in an ERDI instructor to teach classes.
2. We have a team member that is a PADI instructor, and getting him qualified to teach PADI PSD.

Personally, I am leaning toward the ERDI option based on what I have found out about both programs. However, there may be times when we end up in a joint effort, so I am hoping to find out more about the teams in surrounding counties. Ultimately, it will be the Sheriff's decision and I am just trying to gather some information.

We had a subset of our team out in Winona a couple of months ago for the search for the missing people, and I know there were a few other teams out there as well. I couldn't help but notice how different we were in some respects to other teams, and wondering if training could help close the gap to make teams work more efficiently together.

Messages In This Thread
training agency - by nimoh - 04-03-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: training agency - by DetectorGuy - 04-03-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: training agency - by nimoh - 04-03-2014, 01:47 PM
RE: training agency - by DetectorGuy - 04-04-2014, 06:39 AM
RE: training agency - by nimoh - 04-04-2014, 10:30 AM