Remember me
Lost Password Register

FREEDIVE-APLOOZA
07-21-2004, 03:49 PM,
Re:FREEDIVE-APLOOZA
Allwetone

Check your PM.

I was out freediving in Lake Michigan yesterday- on two newly discovered wrecks. ;D I was also out In Lake Mendota last week, but this time of year that lake gets pretty green. :'(

We will be by the south boat ramp on Saturday and the north one on Sunday. When you come across all of the dive kayaks, freediving fins, monofins, spearguns, ect you'll see where we are pretty quickly.

I have a White Honda- license plate FREE DIV. Wink

Besides around here, my favorite spots to Freedive have been Bonaire and Utila- whalesharks! I've also had some nice dives up in Tobermorey and the many wrecks in Lake Michigan.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
07-21-2004, 05:23 PM,
allwetone,
I'll there to get some freediving in too. red ford explorer, license "subaqua". hopefully we'll get my brother's 5th wheel in there so that should be parked close by. otherwise, like Jon says.. all the kayaks, long fins, etc. etc. should be easy to spot. I'm going to be swamped tomorrow (thursday) but I'm still "planning" on getting on the road sometime late afternoon. it's 350 miles from my door to the site. ah well.
introduce yourself.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-21-2004, 09:30 PM,
Hi All,
I'm really looking forward to getting down in Lake Wazee and meeting you. Even if the weather's only in the upper 70's it'll be a treat to be wet after today. Any guesses as to how much weight I'll need for a 2 piece farmer john wetsuit? I just bought 4 2.5 lb wrist/ ankle weights to try to balance and reduce my belt weight. Let's get wet!
See Ya,
Gene 8)
07-22-2004, 10:08 AM,
Gene,

Depending upon your size we should have a real freediving wetsuit for you to wear. If you have anything thinner I would suggest bringing that along as well. I plan on only wearing my 3mm up there- as that's all I have been wearing for the past 4 months since they are so warm. I keep the 5mm for winter spearfishing and ice diving.

We'll also have along plenty of weight and some real, rubber, freediving belts.

Jon
07-22-2004, 11:06 AM,
Jon,
Thanks, see you there, I'll bring what I have. I've done most of my freediving with no wetsuit
or a shorty farmer john and am looking forward to being down and warm at the same time.... I
have had problems with full wetsuits riding up in the crotch. I may have a solution to that in an
athletic protector. I've got new wrist weights to try out too.
Gene
07-22-2004, 07:48 PM,
It's late thursday... my brother is at wazee and I'm on my way.. sounds like it's a busy place.. probably because of the big wisonsin fly in coming up. anyway.. I'm on the road tonight. later.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-25-2004, 09:57 PM,
Hi All,

07-25-2004, 10:04 PM,
Hi All,
Thanks to everyone for a wonderful weekend. Great weather and a chance to meet lots of people who live and love freediving like I do (and much better at it too great example to learn from). The chance to try out equipment was a great treat and very educational. Thanks so much Jon and Fred. Hoping to get together with some of you soon and hoping this can be an annual event.
See Ya,
Gene
07-26-2004, 07:54 AM,
Thanks Gene,

It was great meeting you, and the dozen other freedivers who made it up as well. We had lots of safe dives and you can expect at least one more music video to come out of the weekend- once Ted goes into production mode.. Wink

Here's a quick shot of a few of us who hung around until the very end. 8)

Jon

Attached Files
.jpg   group_photo.jpg (Size: 51.9 KB / Downloads: 76)
.jpg_thumb   group_photo.jpg_thumb (Size: 30 KB / Downloads: 0)
07-26-2004, 03:34 PM,
I also wanted to congradulate Fred on finally breaking that 100' barrier! It was a weekend of P.B.'s all the way around.

Here's a shot of Fred cruising along the wall.

Jon

Attached Files
.jpg   wall_dive.jpg (Size: 35.56 KB / Downloads: 81)
.jpg_thumb   wall_dive.jpg_thumb (Size: 24.53 KB / Downloads: 0)