Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby - Sept 4
09-03-2004, 04:27 PM,
Re:Crosby - Sept 4
My husband and I are headed up to Crosby also on Saturday. ;D We plan on putting in our boat at Huntington and heading to the east end to dive the drift (horizontal mine shaft) which is located at 100'. Then we'll head for our favorite spot, the south bay on Huntington. We hope to have the boat in the water by 10:00 am or so, so if you'd like to join us or get a lift to another dive site, head to the east end of Huntington (actually known as Feigh). The easiest way to get there is to take the path, located across the road from the boat landing entrance to Pennington (it's labeled as a canoe access). If you see an OLD white and blue boat, that will be us. Wave your arms madly and we'll come and pick you up. We can easily take 2 additional divers and gear with us in the boat which is a 19' cruiser with a cuddy cabin, and we'd be happy to shuttle others to other dive sites. We'll probably be off the water between 2-3 pm.

Aly
09-03-2004, 04:31 PM,
p.s. We know where the shaft is on Huntington ("getting the shaft" is the name on MSD's map), so we'd be happy to shuttle you there. In fact, we know where ALL the dive sites are on Huntington as we have maps from MN School of Diving and have been diving there multiple times. Again, just wave your arms madly when you see the old white and blue boat (and I mean OLD--it's from the early 1960's--but it still floats--as long as all 3 bilge pumps are working, so make sure you have air in your tanks Wink )
09-04-2004, 11:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2004, 12:17 AM by freedivernd.)
o.k. it's the middle of the night (sat.midnight+) and I just checked the radar with aol weatherbug... if you guys were camping at Crosby I hope you where on high ground!! And it looks even worse for later in the evening. camping in a bad tstorm.. exciting!
edit: Img. added at 1:30 a.m.

Attached Files
.jpg   crosbyweather.jpg (Size: 14.51 KB / Downloads: 61)
.jpg_thumb   crosbyweather.jpg_thumb (Size: 36.72 KB / Downloads: 0)
Cold and dark down there huh?