Remember me
Lost Password Register

Square Lake April 9th (if the ice is gone)
04-06-2003, 06:48 PM,
Re:Square Lake April 9th (if the ice is gone)
Dang, just remembered both of my tanks are due for visuals and one is due for a hydro. I'll probably be dropping them off at the shop Monday so I doubt I'll have them back by Wednesday. I still may stop out at Square and hang if everyone is going to be there though.
04-06-2003, 07:46 PM,
GP,
RENT! Your tanks won't mind if you cheat on 'em.
Dan L
04-07-2003, 09:58 AM,
I did not get out and do an ice-off check on Square. But I hope to get to it tonight. Since Jason is doing Elmo on Tuesday , I assume that Square may also be ice free.
I plan on being out there around noon-ish so Punky can have someone to go with.

As of right now I have 4:
Jean Punky gp DanL

So on logistics:
1) If the trailer park is open , I will go there. If not , then the county park.
2) I will be there around noon on Wednesday and plan on speding the whole day/evening there.
3) I will bring chips & brats (hopefully we don't have to eat them raw!!!) Opps..Don't forget the buns dummy!!!!

I like the trailer park because is so much closer to the lake. At least I know now how to avoid those darn steps at the county park.

Hope to see you there!!!

Jean ;D

P.S. gp: I may have all 3 of my tanks along...In a pinch , you can use one of mine!!!
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-08-2003, 07:26 AM,
I'll bring this stuff, and if there's anything else we need let me know.
Sun shine ;D
grill and charcoal
hot pot /hot water
hot chocolate/tea
potato salad
04-08-2003, 10:30 AM,
After the gear config at SD&T I drove out to Square Lake. In the darkness and with my headlights I hope (think) I say lots of open water along the shoreline by the boat landing.
I went and checked out Perch too and that seemed to be the same.
But I think I will wait till daylight today to get an accurate reading (thats usually the way its done...Right???)

So please be patient...I will get you all an indication for sure by this evening !!!
As of now , it appears to be partially open...

Thank you very much
Jean 8)
04-08-2003, 11:24 AM,
Wow, you went out there last night that late Jean. :o Now that's a diehard diver attitude! Cool...can't wait to get the verdict on it from you tonight. Wink
04-08-2003, 11:53 AM,
Thanks...Now you know why I am called CRAZY!!! :o

(Diehard , fanatic , etc...)

Will let you know !!!
Jean Big Grin
04-08-2003, 08:36 PM,
Jean,
I will not be at Square Lake. Daughter is moving into her new townhouse and I'll be painting ceilings. Sorry - we're falling behind in the work.
Really sorry that weather looks great Sat and I'll be putting in new bathroom and kitchen floors.
But I'll get out soon!
DanL
Dan L
04-08-2003, 08:42 PM,
Here is the scoop as of 9:30 PM on Tuesday Night....
Bad news and good news..
Bad news...Square still has ice on it. It is about 20-30 feet away from the shoreline and looks very thin. However , I admit I am not sure when it would disappear. Maybe with the 55+ temps tomorrow it will vanish.
Good News...
PERCH IS ICE FREE !!!!!

So: If anyone wants to dive Perch , let me know !!! I have a "new" dry-suit to check out and I am going to go over there about 1 PM Wednesday.
If nothing else , I can float around in it to check it out. If someone brings a small grill , we can always cook in the parking lot!!!

And of course , I got my dry suit tonight!!! Can't wait to try it out !!!!

Thanks again...I hope some of you can still make it tomorrow.
Punky , do you need directions???
Go to Stillwater. Go across the lift bridge downtown into Wisconsin. Take a right turn (really steep hill) on Cty Road E.
You will hit a stop sign. Go straight (stay on Cty Rd. E). About 3-4 miles down there will be a 4 way stop for Cty Road V.
Keep going straight on Cty Rd. E. Go about another 2 miles (I think) and at the bottom of a big hill there will be a brown sign saying "..... ESTATES Perch Lake".
Take a left on Perch Lake Road. Drive up the hill and around the curve to the right. When you start coming down the hill there will be a parking area on your right. The lake is just a little ways down the hill.

If you have any questions , please call me at home before 11 AM.
763-424-9651
I will be there about 1 PM Wednesday. If you need me to come out earlier , let me know !!!!
It should be a wonderful day temperature wise and since I have the day off , I am going just to get outside for a while and float!!!!

Thank you all.....
Jean ;D
04-08-2003, 08:55 PM,
Jean, how late will you be at Perch tomorrow? I can come out but I don't get off of work until 5pm so I probably wouldn't be able to get out there until 6pm. If you are still out there I could do one dive. I have one of my tanks filled and ready to go.