Remember me
Lost Password Register

Leisure Pro or Dive Inn
07-04-2002, 06:40 PM,
Leisure Pro or Dive Inn
I've heard that LiesurePro (New York) sells regs very low priced, but that the serial number has been removed and/or no warranty card comes with the reg.  DiveInn/Scubastore.com (Spain) supplies regs at a bit higher cost but supplies warrantee card and regs have serial numbers.<br>Anyone have facts based on their actual transactions with LiesurePro?<br>Thanks,<br>Dan
Dan L
07-05-2002, 04:57 PM,
Re: Leisure Pro or Dive Inn
I have heard that Dive-In warrenties are not valid in the US because they are considered "gray market" and not a valid authorized dealer in the US. That was only second hand though, so don't quote as gospel. I have heard that Leisure Pro offers there own warranty and that it matches what you would get from the manufacturer. Like I said, I have not purchased from either, but my next set of regs will probably be from Dive In. 50% off is just too tempting. I think Jason had a contact for a gentleman that got him one heck of a deal on Apex regs, so you might want to try that route as well.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
07-06-2002, 04:53 AM,
Dan, I think Dive Inn has the best deal on the ATX50/ATX40 reg set.  It doesn't matter if you buy from Leisure Pro or Dive Inn as far as warranty goes because the "factory" warranty will be void but...both places offer their own warranties that will cover any major malfunctions or defects, etc. and the terms meet or exceed the factory warranty.  The only thing you lose out on is free parts on yearly service when you have it done locally.  You'll have to pay for parts and labor.  If you would have bought locally you'd still have to pay for the labor but the parts would be free.  This is no big deal because the parts are cheap, the labor is where the real $$ are at.  Again no big deal.  You won't have any problems getting your online purchases serviced locally either,  In fact, I even saw that one of our local dive shops advertises on their website that they service non-factory warranty online purchases.
07-09-2002, 12:01 PM,
I've ordered a small fortune worth of stuff from diveinn.  They are super to deal with and come with the highest of recommendations from me.  They worked super well with me on some faulty/broken carbon fins after I'd had them for several months.  In fact, they sent me a new pair even before they received the old pair back. (and they paid the shipping on the old pair, to a distributor in Florida)  Super!<br><br>Fred Johnson
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-31-2002, 07:28 PM,
Re:Leisure Pro or Dive Inn
I bought a Sherwood Shadow octopus/inflator from LiesurePro a few years back. I don't remeber about the factory warrantee, but didn't really care as long as it was in good working order. It was hard to argue with a 40% price reduction. BTW, I've used it now for 4 years without a problem.<br><br>HG
08-08-2002, 01:22 PM,
I have noticed that Dive Inn is located in Europe somewhere. What is the average time it takes for people to receive their merchandise?
08-08-2002, 01:25 PM,
They are very quick... I got my knife within 4 days from DiveInn.
08-08-2002, 01:38 PM,
I've used (same as Dive Inn, BTW, they are located in Spain) several times, 5 days was max wait for merchandise. One thing I've noticed is there prices have been on the rise.. ordered a suunto mosquito awhile back when they were near $240 and now I see they're closer to $300. Have noticed the same thing on some fins. Maybe it's manufacturers mark ups..<br>What are you thinking about ordering?<br><br>Fred Johnson
Cold and dark down there huh?
08-08-2002, 02:17 PM,
I want to order the Suunto Cobra with compass.
08-28-2002, 10:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2002, 01:20 PM by tpscuba.)
I have to agree that they do offer great deals on gear. Being a shop owner I don't use them at all. As a matter of fact if I can buy in my area anything that I need I will buy from local businesses. I believe in keeping in the area. The dive industry was hit hard after 9/11 and took a pretty good slump. The computer has put a lot of small travel agents out of business.
The same could happen to your favorite dive shop too. Remember for every business in operation there are at least 4 to 7 people employed to support that business ie: food service, clothing, gas stations, etc. I look at the shut down of 2 major businesses in my area and the effect it had on the reduction of teachers, nurses, retail people etc.
All I can say is think it over twice and hopefully you won't be the one standing in the unemployment line. I also hope the internet or one of these discount magazines will beable to fill your tanks if the small shops disappear.