Remember me
Lost Password Register

What is your Deepest Dive:
03-29-2005, 05:02 PM,
Re: What is your Deepest Dive:
Quote:
I don't know when we hit 130 ft with chuck after being giving a max depth of 120 he wasn't happy 132 might have killed me  ;D
Quote:

Well, did you plan your dive, or did someone else?  Perhaps is was a surch and rekovery dive?  >Big Grin
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
03-29-2005, 09:04 PM,
Like L Kunze says, I do not think that this questions has much to offer.

We can all brag about how deep we have been and how deep we plan to go. Big Deal. Does this make you a better diver? Or is it bragging rights at the local pub?

David A. Torry<br />Cell (612)799-4333
03-29-2005, 09:18 PM,
If you read through the posts in this thread, I don't read any bragging at all. This topic was meant to generate some postings and some dialog between divers which it has done. Like I said in an earlier posting, My deepest dive to date was my biggest accomplishment in my dive career, I did a lot of training and spent a lot of time in the water. Why do people automatically assume that when you start talking about deeper diving you are bragging? I have been to 219' to me that was a big deal because it was a dive that I will never forget to others it is nothing and doesn't mean anything. But once again I worked hard to get there so it was a big deal for me. Some other divers are proud to have registered a 60' dive in Grand Cayman or where ever. For me it was fun to read about where people did their deepest dive. It has nothing to do with bragging, for most divers their deepest dive is one they always remember. For some deep diving is a way of life and they like to talk about it. But like I said earlier whenever you tell someone that your a diver what is the first thing they ask you, "How deep do you go?"  There is nothing wrong with my question, just don't read so much into it... Why don't you just answer the question and join in on the fun...

eric
03-29-2005, 10:02 PM,
And it brought a whole new area of diving to me, a new diver. I always thought 130' wasn't that much for someone with a lot of the higher up/more technical certifications. Its nice to know that after I finish a few certifications, I will have more waiting. Also, I never really thought of this as a bragging thread. Its cool to know how far people have gone and what they have accomplished. I certainly do not see it as a challenge.
03-29-2005, 11:00 PM,
quote from Appolion

Well, I see it as a challenge!!!  I see those numbers... 109, 140, 155, maybe even  more.  I'm gonna try my darndest to get there.. well, maybe not with tanks....  Wink
Cold and dark down there huh?
03-30-2005, 08:03 AM,
And it brought a whole new area of diving to me, a new diver. I always thought 130' wasn't that much for someone with a lot of the higher up/more technical certifications. Its nice to know that after I finish a few certifications, I will have more waiting. Also, I never really thought of this as a bragging thread. Its cool to know how far people have gone and what they have accomplished. I certainly do not see it as a challenge.
[/quote]

Hear! Hear! Or is it Here! Here!???  And a bunch of fist pounding!!!
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
03-30-2005, 09:09 AM,
for all of you that have properly planned your dives and have worked hard to reach a depthgoal....cudos!!!!..i know where i have been,and i know how much further i hope to go in the future....i will doit with proper training and equipment....my hopes are that you will do the same....i think its ok to talk about this topic.....if we didnt, we would not have divers all over the world in search of new locations and finds.....especially wrecks and caves
dive safe
deano
Oops Did I really say that?????
03-30-2005, 09:31 AM,
I am working my way to the goal of wreck diving in the great lakes. I have trained to get to where I am at and getting comfortable at this leval then I will go on to deco and maby trimix to be prepaired for a trip to do some wreck dives that push the rec limits. not because I want to push the limmits but because I want to see the wrecks.
nobody dives 200 feet down in blue water just to get to a greater depth...(except maby freedivers) the rest of us want to get to somthing
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
03-30-2005, 02:10 PM,
68' at crosby in the fall
03-30-2005, 02:16 PM,
100' at the crosby mines.
&quot;Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose.&quot;-Benjamin Disraeli