Remember me
Lost Password Register

Superior Oct 4
09-08-2003, 09:02 AM,
Superior Oct 4
Hi everybody. It's been a busy summer and like usual it's going too fast! Missy and I would like to dive Superior and would like to get a group together for it. How about it? Jean? Dan L? Lonnie? Larry? Jason? Jason? Pete? Everybody? Linda Smile
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
09-08-2003, 09:18 AM,
Re:Superior Oct 4
Linda, a group of us are going up to the Madeira this weekend with Air Down There Scuba and camping at Northern Exposure Campground near Silver Bay.
I'd love to join you in October but Jason and I are heading out to Milwaukee that weekend for some wreck diving.
09-08-2003, 09:36 AM,
I may join you on this one. Have to wait and see. But I did do a dive on the Madiera!!! YAY!!!
So keep me in mind... ;D

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
09-08-2003, 06:46 PM,
Don't know for sure yet, but Oct 4 is a strong possibility.
Dan L
09-08-2003, 09:17 PM,

Wish I could be in on this one but it's a kid weekend for me....
You guys have a blast. I want to get back up there and look things over with a new perspective now that I won't be concentrating on what I'm supposed to be doing for the cert.
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
09-09-2003, 12:53 PM,
Do you dive from the shore or a boat? If from the shore, how long and steep is the descent from road to shore?

Thanks ~ Mark
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
09-09-2003, 02:06 PM,
I think it's about 100 yards from the road to the shore. Not so bad carrying the gear from the car to shore. The path is a little rough and it's a sort of gradual decline downhill. Carrying the gear back up after diving kinda sucks though.
09-10-2003, 08:26 AM,
We haven't dove the Madeira so we don't know where it is. I've read some dive shop marks the site with a buoy but removes it at the end of fall.Can anyone tell us how to get there? Is it by split Rock? Thanks Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
09-10-2003, 08:30 AM,
If you're going North on Highway 1, or is it 61, It is the next point North of Split Rock Lighthouse. There is a small parking area right off the road, fits about 10 vehicles. Then it's just a 100 yard walk through the woods to shore.
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
09-10-2003, 09:03 AM,
Once you are at the beach the wreck is a big swim off to the left (north) under the big "Gold Rock" cliff point. Split Rock Lighthouse is to the right (south). For more info look here:

Boy I would like to go up on both Sept12 and Oct 4 but I'll have to see... :-\