Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Freediver is born
09-08-2003, 05:49 PM,
New Freediver is born
I finaly got to go freediving with Fred and his brother on Saturday. Wow I had a great time and hit 60ft! :o I had an awsome instructor though Wink We went to Lake 6 the vis was good and the weather great.
For anyone who has not tried freediving yet you gotta try it!
Thanks Fred and Manly

Tim
not losing my tanks but thinking of some long fins ;D
09-08-2003, 06:07 PM,
Re:New Freediver is born
Great job Tim! Big Grin

I introduced a tec-diving buddy of mine to it last month and he got so excited about it that he has now added Sebak fins to his equipment line at his shop. Now he wants to get a speargun to complete his set-up. Wink

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
09-10-2003, 08:08 AM,
Re:New Freediver is born
I hope Tim doesn't mind if I show one of his freedive profiles. This was Tim's 1st drop after spending some time warming up at the pontoon at -15'-17'. To drop down to almost -30' and spend close to 8 seconds down there is just great. Tim was very relaxed under the water without the bottle. Later, after some v. shallow snorkeling we dropped the line down at about -100'. We used a safety lanyard around our wrists to the 1/2inch weighted line (18lbs) tied off to the boat. On the first few dives that Tim made I would take off directly after he did and get in front of him inverted (not easy to do.. he's a rocket) so he had me in his view (and I had him in my view) and my brother would meet us at about -30 feet on the ascent. Later on deeper dives the up diver just met the solo down diver somewhere between -30 and -40' and monitored the diver and checked that the boat was not somewhere directly over head Wink. Made for some very safe freediving. Sarah on board the boat kept everything in check.
Safety is the key.. and having safety in good order makes for comfortable dives. Don't try this at home... try it at a lake. And remember.. don't hyperventilate!
Fred

Attached Files
.jpg   TimP27ft.jpg (Size: 67.5 KB / Downloads: 69)
.jpg_thumb   TimP27ft.jpg_thumb (Size: 15.66 KB / Downloads: 0)
Cold and dark down there huh?