Remember me
Lost Password Register

Utila Honduras, dive with the whalesharks!
09-09-2003, 09:46 AM,
Utila Honduras, dive with the whalesharks!
There are only 3 spots left for the Utila Honduras trip, if you are interested, please make your reservation as soon as possible. Details are listed below:

Dive with the whale sharks! We will be going to Utila Honduras in March 2004. We are staying at the Utila Lodge which is a small resort built on a pier over the water. This quaint resort holds only 16 guests. All food, lodging and 3 daily dives is included. Extras will be - meals for overnight in Houston, exit taxes, bar tab and tips. Total cost is $1949. We will leave Minneapolis March 19th and return March 27th, flying Continental airlines. If you are interested in more information, please contact the Pink Barracuda Dive Shop at 218-847-6100. We are also looking for a female roommate for one of our guests, non smoking preferred.
04-22-2004, 10:13 AM,
Re:Utila Honduras, dive with the whalesharks!
Hey I'd love to know how your trip went. I am planning a Sept. or Oct. trip to Roatan. How was the travel down there (I've heard mixed reviews on TACA airlines).
04-22-2004, 10:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-22-2004, 10:56 AM by igotoofar.)
Hey, If I were to go on the trip could I request a female roommate Wink Just dont tell my wife 8)
04-22-2004, 12:34 PM,
Our trip to Utila was great! We didn't get to see any whalesharks though :'( The weather didn't cooperate very well, with rough seas, high winds and rain off and on every day. We flew via Continental Airlines so I can't really help you out with TACA.
You can see some pics of our trip at
All in all, everyone had a great time even with the weather problems, all baggage arrived safely coming and going, diving was great, people were pleasant and I will definitely go back again.
Have a safe and fun trip to Roatan!!

04-23-2004, 09:26 AM,
Don't be bummed about not seeing whalesharks in Utila, doxiepb. The chances of seeing them there are not that great, it's a marketing ploy. My dive buddy has been there for a month every year for 3 years, and has seen one the entire time. Its hit or miss, they are elusive.
But Utila makes up for it with charm, inexpensive accomodations, and easy, fun diving.

04-23-2004, 02:36 PM,
Hey chbrown2, where are you staying on Roatan. I am going about the same time? Just curious.

It is hit or miss with the whale sharks but every time I have been to roatan, I have seen a ton of stuff. Last time we swam with pilot whales and we missed orcas by a few days.
04-27-2004, 07:59 AM,
I'm staying at Fantasy Island - GREAT deal ($539 for a week special for Sept. & Oct.) - & after evaluating the other resorts, I think it would be hard to be disappointed in the experience (see web site & read guest postings). I'm thinking Cocoview or Anthony's for another trip w/ my wife, as she would get into the over-the-water bungalow accomodations. In reading the guest postings, I received a nice tip regarding air travel through a Calf. agency. Apparently you can get discounted TACA airfare, as I have been amazed at how $$$ it is to travel w/ them (flights leave Houston & Miami). Continental also flies there, but very restrictive in times. When are you planning on going?

04-27-2004, 11:24 AM,
Sounds good. I have heard good things about all of those resorts. We never stay in the all inclusives. We always stay on west end. We like the night life and such. I am probably going in 2 or 3 weeks for business(wink,wink) and maybe I'll get in 10 or 12 dives and then again in September for 10 days or so with some family. Have you ever been to roatan before? I have been 5 times. I absolutely love it.
04-27-2004, 01:20 PM,
Wow twice in a year! (I'm so jealous :'( ) I've not been there before, & like you, I usually enjoy night life to the extent of trying different places to eat (life Cozumel). But I also like the value (helps me justify it to my wifey) w/ this deal. What has been your usual way of traveling down there, & do you just go on the net for air tickets? Also, if you have done fall trips, how has the weather been?
04-27-2004, 04:04 PM,
The price is very good. The wifey has to be ok with it or else no divey. To answer your questions, I usually buy on the net but sometimes you can find cheap tickets int he Sun paper. The only thing is, I always fly into Tegucigalpa because i have contacts there. Then it is just a $60 45 min flight to the Island. While on the Island the best mode of transportation is taxi. The funnest is scooters. you can rent them on west end for about $35 a day. Lots of fun. I also know all of the best food places around too if you are interested.