Remember me
Lost Password Register

Utah?
10-08-2003, 12:06 PM,
Utah?
It looks like I will be in Utah for several weeks. Can anybody tell me if there is any good diving neat Salt Lake City? I will be a little ways away in Park City.
Anything else to do while out there? No idea if there will be snow as it was in the 80's the other day.
Thanks in advance,
-Chad
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
10-08-2003, 12:35 PM,
Re:Utah?
Here is a link I found.
10-09-2003, 06:48 AM,
Wow, nice site. Thank you.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
10-09-2003, 07:27 AM,
If you do any diving out there post a review here for us. Wink
10-09-2003, 08:17 AM,
I will certainly do so. Not sure how much time I'll have, or if weather will cooperate, but we'll see.
So, what does one need to know about altitude diving other then using different dive planners?
My body handles altitude very well, though I honestly don't know a whole lot about altitude diving.
When reading the Park City website, I see the altitude warning:

Quote:Altitude
Park City is located at 6,900 feet (2,103 meters) above sea level and rises to above 10,000 feet (3,220 meters). Some guests may experience altitude sickness. The symptoms of altitude sickness are headaches, nausea, fatigue and/or shortness of breath. Altitude sickness generally disappears within 48 hours. Altitude sickness is almost entirely preventable and can be significantly minimized when the following guidelines are followed: exercise in moderation the first few days; drink more water than usual; reduce alcohol intake - which has a greater effect at this altitude; eat food high in carbohydrates and avoid salty foods.
10-10-2003, 07:32 AM,
On what basis does your body handle altitude very well??
10-10-2003, 07:47 AM,
Hmm, it's based on a very complex nonsensical equation? Wink
I think what I meant to say is my body adjusts quickly (or at least more quickly then my friends which might not be saying anything at all.)

10-10-2003, 07:50 AM,
I see, just giving you a hard time. Tongue
10-10-2003, 08:15 AM,
Lol. No worries.