Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anyone interested in a DIR-F class?
09-23-2003, 01:11 PM,
Re:Anyone interested in a DIR-F class?

Add Groovekitty to that list as well...
09-29-2003, 08:33 PM,
Put me in the definitely category... I've gotten even more interested as my work has not permitted me to dive lately....
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
10-03-2003, 09:40 AM,
The latest list of those saying definitely

Derrick
Jason L
JoelW
FMT
Beeger
DRE
Jason B
Groovekitty
Mix

I will talk to Tyler next week and see what he needs set up for facilities and such. SD&T has offered to let us use the classroom again for the class portion on Friday night. There has been a request for a weekend not to schedule the class on, 6/5/04.

JoelW
10-03-2003, 11:48 AM,
You should add me to the list, I'm interested in taking the class.
10-07-2003, 02:32 PM,
I spoke with Tyler Moon today and he said that he is good to go if we want him to teach the class. Since the list is now up to nine people interested he said that another instructor would be required and he was going to see if Tamara Kendall or Dave Sweetin would be available.

The setup would be $300 for the class, pass or fail, flights and misc. for the instructors. The flights and misc would be divided up by everybody.

All we need to do now is set a date. As a suggestion, how about June 11-13?

10-07-2003, 02:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2003, 02:50 PM by Derrick.)
What is the water temp at that time of year? It would be nice not to have to wear gloves or hood (just a little bit easier to do drills). Otherwise, works for me.

Derrick

PS ten students including Kirk.
10-07-2003, 06:07 PM,
What the deal. Complaining about a little cold water. We'll have to see if there is a DIR for Sissies class for Derrick. Maybe Halcyon does a pink wing and webbing.

To answer the question though, my logbook had Square in the 60s during June.

10, I apologize for the miscount.

After thinking about it for a bit, a pink wing and webbing would stand out in murky water. It would make buddy identification easier. We should talk to the instructor about the DIRness of pink gear.

JoelW
10-08-2003, 08:47 AM,

Rule #6: always look cool - I guess that would disqualify pink gear...
10-18-2003, 01:14 PM,
At this point there are ten who are interested. For the last class here the limit was 10. The list is

Derrick
Jason L
JoelW
FMT
Beeger
DRE
Jason B
Groovekitty
Mix
Kirk.

Has anyone given any more thought to a date? Does the mid-June work? We are going to need to set this up in the near future if we want to have a date of our choosing.

JoelW
10-21-2003, 07:40 AM,
mid-June works for me.
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being." - Johann W. von Goethe