Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anyone interested in a DIR-F class?
10-21-2003, 03:47 PM,
Re:Anyone interested in a DIR-F class?
They just finished the one in Milwaukee this past weekend, actually it was the second one they had there this year.

Water temp was mid 50's and everyone stayed comfy in their drysuits, either their own or a rented one from the shop.

I wasn't there to take the course, but ended up in the midst of it because I was teaching a buddy how to freedive- with all of his new gear that he just picked up at DEMA. Still, I walked away with a little more knowledge just by being in the same proximity.

It turns out that Andrew had just finished a 270' trimix dive and then jumped on a plane and flew to Milwaukee, within less than 2 hours after surfacing. It kind of throws the old flying-after-diving rules out the window until you start to talk about bubble mechanics and proper deco to prevent such things from happening in the first place.

I also leanred a bit more about altitude diving that isn't covered in any diving manual that I have ever seen.

Good luck setting up the course. I am sure that everyone will learn a ton!

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
10-26-2003, 02:38 PM,
Re:Anyone interested in a DIR-F class?
Can all those who are interested PM me with an e-mail address. At this point things can be taken care of off the board.

JoelW