Remember me
Lost Password Register

St. Cloud Quarry Park
04-04-2002, 08:22 AM,
Re: Well, here's the answer we've been waiting for
Quote:Anyone have this covered?<br><br>Chris,<br><br>George Rindelaub asked that I respond to you for him regarding scuba diving at the park.<br><br>The policy is to allow diving if the following insurance requirements can be satisfied:<br>      1)  provide liability coverage of $300,000 per person and $1 million per event;<br>      2)  Stearns County must be named an ADDITIONAL INSURED in the policy;<br>      3)  The County must receive a Certificate of Insurance verifying the above; and<br>      4)  The group must sign a Hold Harmless/Indemnification Agreement for the activity.<br><br>Because of the above requirements only Instructional Dive organizations have used the facility.  Individual divers don't seem to be able to obtain the coverage.  Home owners policies don't meet the above muster.
<br> >SadLAME!!!<br>
04-04-2002, 08:35 AM,
Re: St. Cloud Quarry Park
I have some thoughts on this, but I'll keep them to myself...<br> :Smile
04-04-2002, 10:09 AM,
I lived in St. Cloud for 8 years and have to say I understand the county's reluctance to allow divers.  The quarries are difficult to get to, they were not constructed with divers in mind so most have shear sides, no built in steps, water doesn't come up to the edge of the granite hole - could be a real production getting your equipment back out of the water.  And if anyone does get hurt that could be a difficult rescue/transport.
04-04-2002, 10:13 AM,
I can understand your point.. and not seeing it myself I don't really know. But if dive shops are going there and taking customers it must be possible... and not very dangerous. (Or maybe they don't like their customers?)  :-[
04-04-2002, 11:48 AM,
If the St. Cloud dive shops have dive events or fun dives, we might be able to tag along. Does anyone have any links for the St. Cloud dives shops?<br><br>Derrick
04-04-2002, 11:54 AM,
We're In!
[move];D Smile ;D[/move]<br>Hmmm, good thinking! I'm on the phone w/them now... they do have fun dives and we're welcome to join them! Next one will be in May, I'll be getting a newsletter from them and will post the info here when I get it. Thanks for the common sense idea Derrick, sometimes the most logical solution is so easily overlooked!<br><br>Underwater Sports, Inc. <br>552 25th Avenue North <br>St. Cloud MN 56303 <br>Phone: (320) 251-8967 <br>Fax: (320) 251-6113 <br>Email: uwtoys@aol.com
04-05-2002, 11:28 AM,
Just to let you know, the guy at UW Sports may not accept divers that aren't  certified with his organization. I'm certified through MDEA and have heard he won't sell equipment or air to divers like me. I haven't personally been there yet to check, just what I heard.<br><br>HG
05-18-2002, 06:19 AM,
Re: Well, here's the answer we've been waiting for
Quote:Anyone have this covered?<br><br>Chris,<br><br>George Rindelaub asked that I respond to you for him regarding scuba diving at the park.<br><br>The policy is to allow diving if the following insurance requirements can be satisfied:<br>      1)  provide liability coverage of $300,000 per person and $1 million per event;<br>      2)  Stearns County must be named an ADDITIONAL INSURED in the policy;<br>      3)  The County must receive a Certificate of Insurance verifying the above; and<br>      4)  The group must sign a Hold Harmless/Indemnification Agreement for the activity.<br><br>Because of the above requirements only Instructional Dive organizations have used the facility.  Individual divers don't seem to be able to obtain the coverage.  Home owners policies don't meet the above muster.
<br><br>Does DAN insurance with a Personal $1000000 Umbrella policy work?
Leon
05-18-2002, 10:49 AM,
DAN doesn't have an umbrella policy and DAN does not offer 1,000,000 insurance levels, only $250,000 per occurance for the highest level. There is no underwriting for additonal insureds as part of the DAN program. DAN covers individuals for response to emergencies.<br><br>The St. Cloud restrictions will not honor anything individuals are trying to come up with on their own, the requirements mke it so. Only dive stores and dive professional can gain professional liability insurance through their repsective organizations that cover for accidental death/dismemberment/drown, etc. and then allow for additional insureds to be listed. Such as locations, organizations, pools, etc.<br><br>Utilizing a local dive store/and or dive professional for sponsoring and having them accompany the non-insured diver(s) is the best option.
05-19-2002, 06:29 AM,
Opps I wrote my last post here poorly. I meant two seperate policys, one from DAN, and another Umbrella policy from whereever.<br>But it seems they want to make it impossible anyway.  :'(
Leon