Remember me
Lost Password Register

Christmas
12-30-2003, 12:37 PM,
Christmas
So what did everyone get for Christmas or should I say what did everyone buy themselves for Christmas? Wink I got myself some new undies for my drysuit. I picked up the DUI Ultra 400 Thinsulate jumpsuit. I purchased it second hand from someone who had bought the wrong size and had only put 8 dives on it. I just received it today and all I can say is wow! This is some REAL thick stuff! I can't imagine I'm ever going to be cold on a dive again. I can't wait to try it out in Superior sometime. Smile
12-30-2003, 01:14 PM,
Re:Christmas
Hey Lonnie,
A good christmas here.. seems it always is.. lot's o' food, family, friends.
and gift certs to sporting goods stores, lowe's, some sweat clothes (guess the kids want me lookin' good for basketball, I'm so thankful to be able to play again after 2 years off because of back and knee trouble), other small items that I needed, and lot's of items I don't need but will enjoy.
the only thing I got that might fall under "getting for myself" was just shortly before christmas I picked up another set of cressi gara 2000hf's fins only in a different size than my old ones.. off of ebay.
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
12-30-2003, 01:32 PM,
Great Christmas Here,

I gave myself the gift of freedom from diveshop hours. I picked up a new Al 80 tank to complete my "basic" setup and free me from having to return a tank on Mondays. I love the local diveshops, but hate giving back the tanks ;-)

Hope everyone else had a great holiday break and hopefully now I will be able to make it to some fun dives with my new gift that will make me more spontaneous.

Brian
Brian
12-30-2003, 02:30 PM,
Wonderful Christmas here too! I got a used scooter to tootle around with when it gets warm again. Waiting for my dry-suit to come back from the fixer-upers. (install pockets etc...)
Lonnie: I have a 300 like yours and I love it except for the amount of offsetting weight. (oh well...) You should really *LOVE* that 400!
Brian: Now all you have to do is get a compressor and you can be assured we will all dive with you (free air)! Wink

Hey , Happy New Year to all of you out there! And of course , you too Fred!!! Thanks for a wonderful and memorable 2003! Big Grin

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
12-30-2003, 03:18 PM,
I got myself an ellipse so that I can look better in my wetsuit this coming summer. ha ha! ;D oh yeah, increasing my endurance and 02 efficiency is also a plus. Wink
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
12-31-2003, 04:34 AM,
Glad to hear everyone had good holidays. When I worked lots of weekends and holidays, My bride and kids started volunteering at a local church that feeds around 700 each christmas eve. Now I go with them when I have it off.
We laid out the first set of desserts. 250 pieces of pie!!!!
Then went home to dinner and gifts.. Kids did ok themselves, but didn't know what to do for dad... so I got a 2 boxes full of dollar bills and dive gear photo's! That should work out just fine!
I look foreward to meeting all of you this summer.
Happy new year to all, and fun diving.

Non-divers seem so,  well,  shallow.
01-02-2004, 11:28 AM,
You mean an Eliptical machine or something else?
Hmm, I didn't get any diving gear this winter...well, not yet. I just got back from Utah so I haven't had a chance to buy my Christmas present(s) for myself yet. hehe.

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
01-02-2004, 01:23 PM,
Yep, a LifeFitness x3 elliptical.
It makes a wonderful addition to the decor in my dining room. :Smile
Everytime I walk into a dive shop is like Christmas...LOL!
-amanda

[/quote]
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.