Remember me
Lost Password Register

mpls exploration
05-16-2002, 04:13 PM,
mpls exploration
I'm new to this forum as of 5-15-02. I'm moving back home to mpls in a few weeks from key west, florida. I'm ultra motivated and excited to dive anything. Anybody got any recomendations for dive sites of any kind close to mpls? Surely there are some ponds or swamps or lakes or ditches or something wet to explore! Does the city allow diving in calhun? twin lakes? theadore worth park? the relia star fountain? lake harriet? lake of the isles? I'm excited by the possibilities!<br><br>                                                -thanks-
05-16-2002, 04:58 PM,
Re: mpls exploration
Welcome to the board!  I am a pretty new diver and haven't dove any lakes in Minneapolis yet but I understand the City Of Minneapolis requires that you obtain a permit to dive lakes in Minneapolis city limits.  I believe Minneapolis is the only city in the metro area that requires a permit.  Perhaps someone else could chime in here with some more details.
05-17-2002, 03:44 AM,
Ben if you are back May 25th join us at Square Lake. June 8 at the Crosby Mines.
Leon
05-18-2002, 09:37 AM,
I don't know if i'll be back by may 25th. We'll see. June 8th at the crosby mines sounds awsome though. Count me in! I suppose my 3mm suit won't quite cut it. Anybody know where i can rent somthing beefier?
05-18-2002, 04:56 PM,
going under dive center in maple grove has a pretty good selection of rental gear. phone  763-424-8717<br>                                       fax 763-931-8000<br>                                  
tony
05-19-2002, 06:24 AM,
Quote:I don't know if i'll be back by may 25th. We'll see. June 8th at the crosby mines sounds awsome though. Count me in! I suppose my 3mm suit won't quite cut it. Anybody know where i can rent somthing beefier?
<br><br>Especially not if it stays this cool. I have dove with a 3 mill but I didn't go much below 30ft getting below the thermocline gets cold fast. But not much to see deepter than that anyway.
Leon