Remember me
Lost Password Register

Interesting article on Scuba's 'New' rules
09-09-2003, 10:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2003, 10:51 AM by Chadwick.)
Interesting article on Scuba's 'New' rules
I'm not sure how old this article is, but it has some interesting 'new' rules.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
09-09-2003, 01:14 PM,
Re:Interesting article on Scuba's 'New' rules
Interesting. I've already incorporated the many of the 'new' rules into my dive style. And this weekend, I'm taking my little brother (11 yrs. old) to Crosby to finish his open water certification.

(1) Reverse profiles - I still avoid them;
(2) Age limit - 10 yrs. old is fine with me;
(3) Universal reference - makes sense;
(4) Slower ascent - totally makes sense, and my dive computer keeps reminding me to slow down!
(5) Safety stop - most of the time, longer if I've the air. If I'm shallow diving, 20 ft. or less, I don't bother Wink;
(6) Neutral bouyancy ascent rate - I've always done it that way;
(7) Buddy breathing - only did it in class. I carry a redudent air source for both myself and buddy;
(8) Solo diving - doesn't bother me a bit, although I still like having other divers along;
(9) Snorkel use - I pitched mine a long time ago. I'm thinking of carrying one, though, as recently, I've had a couple of loooong surface swims, right Greg . . .;
(10) Dive computers - I don't think I've ever dove without a computer . . . but I still use the tables and plan my dive. The computer is a very helpful accessory but it can fail.

Thanks for the link.
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy