Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dry Suits
01-16-2004, 02:08 PM,
Re:Dry Suits
To follow Beegers line (and my 1 1/4 cents worth):

Instead of using the Rockboots , I was given a neat little solution. They are a pair of Totes (rubber shoe coverings that you can buy at Target/WalMart). They have lasted the whole summer (over 100 dives etc...) and they allow me to wear my regular Mares fins (with spring straps , of course)! With the rock-boots , my Mares were a *REALLY , REALLY* tight fit (ask anyone who tried to help me get fins off in the water after a dive with the rockboots on...I had to lay on my back and let someone else "wrench" them off my feet). Of course , I could go back to the rockboots and buy some Turtles but I like my Mares so much that....(sigh....) :Smile

The Totes fit right over the top of the dry-suit "boots". (DUI TLS-350) They keep all the junk off of my feet but don't bulk them up etc...But the downside is that they don't offer much protection against rocks etc since they are so thin. And Lonnie mentioned more air in the feet which can be a pain. But for me , I trade the foot protection/airy feet for the fit and fin choices that I have!

Thanks...
Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
01-17-2004, 09:48 AM,
Re:Dry Suits
I've owned three DUI's and had to order the last two special so that they wouldn't come with the Rock boots. I really like the Turbo soles and have never had a problem with them.

Just my $0.02

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin