Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving British Columbia 2004
09-22-2003, 04:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2003, 01:22 PM by tpscuba.)
Diving British Columbia 2004
The Sept. 5th to Port Hardy fell through it booked up solid already. We have a chance on Aug. 29th 2004 We will sail out of Vancouver British Columbia heading north to Port Hardy and the Browning Pass This trip looks like a really great one If the sammon are running we'll snorkel with them Never done this before, but have a friend that does it and says it is awesome. The dorms are available at $995.00 and air will be around $475.00 to fly from Mpls. to Vancouver. A $200.00 deposit will hold a place for you We haven't received information on when the balance will be due, but I am guessing it will be around June of 2004. The boat we will be on is a 116' custom built yacht, it has 3 decks with a hot tub on the top deck. For further information contact Rick at info@tallpinescuba.com
10-09-2003, 09:37 AM,
Re:Diving British Columbia 2004
There is only a few spaces left on this trip contact us if you want to get on
10-21-2003, 04:09 PM,
It's an awsome area. I have dove and kayaked there in the past and it was wonderful.

It also happens to be one of the biggest freediving hotspots in the world!

Here is a link to some of the things going on there. New photos are added every week.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
10-22-2003, 10:15 AM,
Jon Have you ever been to Port Hard or north to Browning Pass? That area is way better than around Victoria and Seattle.
10-22-2003, 10:31 AM,
No I didn't get that far north. I was out there just doing the tourist thing and brought me gear along, it wasn't a planned dive trip.

I have dove with some of the Freedivers from that area and they rave about it. I have seen quite a few of their photos with seals and such. I know that they dive there all year long, with some of the best vis coming during the winter months- much like it is around here.

They won the bid to have next years Wolrd Championships there because of the easy access to calm, deep water.

I have heard them say that water can get dark and the vis goes down to nil, but those were all on freedives below 200'+.

I have some photos of the area, but I would need to scan them all in since I was there long before I bought a digital camera.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
10-22-2003, 11:13 AM,
It can get dark at different times of the year I've been in when the crill have been in but that was only the top 15 feet then it was great. We have had the baby seals actually crawl up on our chests when we have been at the surface floating on our backs It is great up there
11-08-2003, 11:21 AM,
I have 2 people that would like to do your trip espicially if you are doing the Browning Pass contact me at hochi69@yahoo.com