Remember me
Lost Password Register

conditions in the Perham, Vergas, Detroit Lakes, Dent area ???
09-26-2003, 08:23 PM,
conditions in the Perham, Vergas, Detroit Lakes, Dent area ???
Usually it's me tellin' eveyone what it's like but can someone do me a favor and tell me what it's like... I'm goin' through bad withdrawals here... Tongue need a water fix real bad. Has anyone been in L.McDonald or Paul lately? Six, Seven, others????
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-26-2003, 09:15 PM,
Re:conditions in the Perham, Vergas, Detroit Lakes, Dent area ???
No way Fred...I can't believe it, you're actually asking about the conditions there? You are the official spokesman on that area for us on the board here. Wink
10-05-2003, 09:04 PM,
I was in two lakes today... Paul and Little McDonald. Lake vis is really clearing up from what I saw. Little McDonald hasn't been this clear all summer (not when I've been in it anyway). I was off the point on the north shore, NNW from the boat landing, where the water goes from -6' to -35' quickly.. and had about 10' of vis at the bottom and 55 deg...
Paul Lake, I was just to the east off the boat landing and down to -50'. Maybe close to 20' of visibility and 54 deg. water temp.
Didn't see much for fish this time out..(didn't find any treasure either) but it was great to be back in the water after a 2 week hiatus. The 3 mil suit is going into storage unless dives are going to be an hour or less.. I guess it's time to dig out the 5 mil. and I've worn another pair of neoprene socks out... Sad , but enjoying my monofin more and more ;D
Fred
10-10-2003, 10:21 AM,
Just want to mention, lakes in the area are clearing up. I had almost 20' vis in Lake Six yesterday at -30' and with the sunshine was great. Water temp: 54 cold suunto degrees (mammalian dive reflex kicked in quick).
Saw some northerns laying in the weeds, large bass in the shallows, big crappie as usual under the pontoon, and a school of 4-5 inch walleyes. That was neat.
Fred
10-19-2003, 07:14 PM,
Heard that vis in Lake 6 was still good, but I was in Lake 7 this afternoon Sad . Not so good... maybe 10'. These lakes are right across the road from each other and night and day difference. Saw a few walleyes, sunnies, perch, a plastic bucket, pepsi can, old tarp, sawed off log, and 3 scuba divers.
Lake temp was 54 deg.
Fred
11-16-2003, 10:48 AM,
Hey Fred any open water around there? It's too nice not to get out, Care to go this afternoon?
Tim 701 642 2473
11-16-2003, 04:13 PM,
Hey Tim,
didn't see this till now but anyhoo.. I wonder if there is any open water around.. I kinda doubt it. I thought about going somewhere yesterday as I knew today was turned into family day but alas... stayed home yesterday too. I'm checking into the pools for now. If you went and found open water let me know.
Fred