Remember me
Lost Password Register

What's YOUR favorite spot?
03-06-2002, 07:22 PM,
What's YOUR favorite spot?
Where do you prefer to go (in Minnesota)?
03-11-2002, 05:00 AM,
Re: What's YOUR favorite spot?
In my limited diving I realy enjoyed the mines in Crosby. the entry was easy, the Viz was good and we explored an underwater forest. all in all a great cople of dives.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
03-11-2002, 05:23 AM,
I'm planning on heading up there this Summer... maybe make it a group dive, anyone interested?
03-11-2002, 08:35 AM,
I'd love to dive Crosby!  I'm really looking forward to it.  A group dive sounds good. ;D
03-11-2002, 10:59 AM,
<br>I've always wanted to do Crosby. Definitely count me in on this action.<br><br><br>I'm also interested in hearing about the "hidden gems".  Where are the places that people go that the dive shops don't tell you about?  
--Jason
03-11-2002, 11:04 AM,
This looks interesting:<br>http://www.rocklakeresearch.com/ <br><br>Search for pyramids in Wisconsin possibly dating back to 3000 BC!
03-11-2002, 11:34 AM,
My favorite dive is the America, a sheltered wreck off of Isle Royale. Well, I guess it is actually in Michigan but you can get to the Island from Grand Portage, MN. It starts out a few feet below the surface and goes to about 75'. It is 183' and in excellent condition. <br><br>My favorite real Minnesota dive is the wreck of the Ely in Lake Superior. It is in Two Harbors (I think) off the far breakwall. Very sheltered but you need a boat for the short ride. I think it is about 30' or 40' max, very level. It is a wooden ship that sank a little over 100 years ago. It even resembles a ship. It is a crap shoot for visibilty. The four times we dove it, two had excellent vis, the other two times had about zero visability. I think if you go early in the season and no ore ships are in the dock, you will have a good chance of decent vis.<br><br>Derrick<br>
03-28-2002, 01:49 PM,
My favorite MN dive spot is the last recreational dive last fall, the north side of the Alstead minepit at Crosby. It was a night dive and I saw the largest northern underwater yet (good 36" plus) and great bottom structure. I can't wait to go back.<br><br>I liked the Ely for a wreck dive, and I'm trying to go on a trip to Isle Royale this year to check out the wrecks there. Anybody with experience with that, please e-mail me.<br><br>As far as regular Lake diving, Big Watab, west of St. Cloud was real good. Visibilty was great, even late in the summer. I'd love to do a night dive there.<br><br>There is also some good diving in the Detroit Lakes area, and the dive shop is run by a friend of mine. Check out Tri-State Diving upo there, and he has a web site.<br><br>HG