Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Superior
03-22-2002, 04:59 AM,
Lake Superior
Are there any dive sites here that you don't need to be AOW?
03-22-2002, 11:11 AM,
Re: Lake Superior
theres  one I dove last year with smith diving it's just out of duluth in silver bay you need permission to park in the hotel parking lot{ we didnt have any problems with that.}<br>the cool thing about this spot is there's a pretty good size tunnel in the cliff you can swim through depth was about 30 ft<br>the tunnel is located  right below a gazeebo which sits on top of the cliff smith dive could give you exact dir. <br>it was a pretty cool spot worth checking out <br>  good luck                  <br>       bruce
03-26-2002, 01:24 PM,
Re: Lake Superior
Quote:Are there any dive sites here that you don't need to be AOW?
<br><br>If you mean not diving deeper than 60', there are quite a few. The the wreck, "Ely" which is protected by a break wall in Two Harbors is pretty cool. It is in about 30' - 40' of water, but you need at least a small boat to get there.<br><br>You can do two wrecks from the shore that are fun. The "Madera", which is a long swim starts around 40' and a good portion of it below 60'. This is near Split Rock light house. Some parts of the wreck are deeper than 100'.<br><br>You can easily do a shore dive on the "Hesper" with the new breakwall at the marina. You can drive your car, unload your gear and only have to hump it over some very big boulders which I see everyone doing now. The "Hesper" is flat but still fun to dive. It is spread out in a V shape in about 40' of water. The wreck is next to the breakwall so no surface swim is involved.<br><br>Derrick