Remember me
Lost Password Register

Discover Rebreather Night
11-04-2003, 11:41 AM,
Discover Rebreather Night
It has been suggested that I move this topic into the rebreather section, and I agree. Besides not much has been going on here lately. So here you go.

Going Under Dive Center is going to host a second series of rebreather orientation nights on December 15th and 16th. The format will be similar to the last event. Monday night will be free and open to as many people as choose to attend, including certified rebreather divers. It will be mostly lecture and discussion, but there will be units available for “hands on” learning. Planned topics include: rebreather history, theory, application, and design philosophy. Questions are encouraged.

Rebreathers available will include: Draeger Dolphin and Ray, OMG Azimuth, AP Inspiration, ISC Megaladon, and possibly one of Gordon Smith's KISS units.

Tuesday night there would be pool demonstrations of both semi-closed circuit and closed-circuit rebreathers. The rebreather demo night would cost $40. The nights can be attended independently of one another, but pool space is limited. Each night will begin promptly at 7:00.

If you would like more information, or would like to reserve a spot you can email me at Chuck@goingunder.net, or call GUDC at 763-424-8717.

Safe Diving,

Chuck Northrup
Going Under Dive Center

PS For you certified RB divers, we now have Sodasorb chemical available at the shop. It comes in 4-8 and 6-12 mesh and at $77 and $90 a pail is a great value. The packaging (similar to a 5 gallon bucket with removable lid) is far superior to the sofnolime jug. Now you can get that last bit of chemical out! Smile

PPS Pool space is filling up fast!
Don't believe the hype!
11-05-2003, 11:03 AM,
Re:Discover Rebreather Night
Chuck,

Is the 6-12 Sodasorb equal to the 8-12 Sofnolime from a performance standpoint?

I would guess that the breathing resistance is the same or better, how about canister life?
11-06-2003, 07:02 PM,
Re:Discover Rebreather Night
There are only *very* negligible differences between the two in almost every aspect. This is especially true if you are following the manufacturer's guidelines.

The sofnolime jug is about 44lbs, the sodasorb pail is 37lbs. That is probably the only difference (cost excluded) that you will notice.

Safe Diving,

Chuck Northrup
Going Under Dive Center
Don't believe the hype!