Remember me
Lost Password Register

European diver looking for a buddy next week
11-04-2003, 03:04 PM,
European diver looking for a buddy next week
(I am posting this message for Thomas)
---------------------------------------------

I am comming to Minneapolis / the Twin Cities next week for work, but was considering if "getting wet" was an option and I should bring scuba-gear. I may schedule my work around a
dive-schedule, thus both mornings, days and evenings may be possible.

I don't know the local dive conditions, but I assume relatively cold freshwater? Is it still worth diving at this time of the year? And are anyone interrested in going with this visitor?

Me, I am danish with about 400 dives under my weightbelt, a lot of those in cold water in Denmark (the most recent in warmer waters, though). Thus no stranger to cold Wink 29 years old, male....ehh....that should be it Wink

Will bring own gear (minus tank) if there's a good chance of getting to use it.

Let me know if any of you guys want to and can go dive with me within easy car-distance from the Twin Cities next week. I'll truely appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

--thomas

ps: I would not post on the "buddy list" for MN, since I will be in town only briefly and hence not available as a "stable" dive buddy in the area...

-----------------------------------
Thomas Heide Clausen
Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
M.Sc in Computer Engineering

E-Mail: T.Clausen@computer.org
--Jason
11-04-2003, 06:41 PM,
Re:European diver looking for a buddy next week
Anyone up for Crosby this Saturday?
I'm about 90% probability for making the trip.
Leave Mpls early, meet about 9:30 at Mn School of Diving to pick up tanks/air, head to divesite of choice, 2 or 3 dives, return home Sat evening.
Thomas, visiting from Denmark - keep checking this forum site to see what plans develop for the weekend. If I do go to Crosby, you are welcome to ride with me.
Bill A, how does the above sound? Normal plan - I'll pick you up at your place.
DanL
Dan L
11-04-2003, 07:01 PM,
I might be up for Crosby this weekend. I've never dove there before. Let's see, I've got new turle fins to try out, I just took a Halcyon Pioneer BP/Wing off Lonnie that I'd like to try out.... Just have to figure out how to thread (I think I have it) and adjust....

Just get's a little warm standing in the living room in my dry suit to make the adjustments. If I get the new rig all set, I'll probably make it to Crosby with ya'all
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
11-07-2003, 11:40 AM,
Mix,
Seems that we are the only two interested in diving Crosby this weekend.
MSD says lakes have some light ice patches, but generally open. They are diving this weekenf with some AOW classes.
I'll check conditions at end of day and post Fri eve with more info.
We can probably drive up together.
DanL
Dan L
11-07-2003, 12:15 PM,

Just found out I can't make it tomorrow. Besides, I'm just recovering from a 2 day battle with food poisoning and don't think it would be wise to operate within the confines of a dry suit. Sad
PADI - AOW, DPV, Dry Suit, Wreck, TDI Nitrox
65 Dives and growing.
Deepest Dive - 132' Lighthouse, Bonaire
Deepest Wreck - 130' Hilma Hooker, Bonaire
11-07-2003, 01:32 PM,
Ore-be-Gone and other pits in the area are ice free as of this afternoon Might dive on Sunday
11-07-2003, 09:03 PM,
i would like to dive tomorrow. crosby sounds great.pls. let
me know