Remember me
Lost Password Register

Mille Lacs
04-08-2003, 11:23 AM,
Re:Mille Lacs
I have a 19' boat that can hold 4 divers and their gear. i'm willing to go up and do a dive with 3 other people if they know where we need to go. the only time i go to mille lacs is to fish. i suppose the rock piles would be as good as any place. All i ask is help pay for gas and assist with the boat. Let me know what you think

Later Jason. Smile
04-08-2003, 11:33 AM,
Thanks for the offer Jason. I'm sure some of us would be willing to take you up on that. I haven't dove Mille Lacs yet and would like to dive there at least once this summer. Smile
04-09-2003, 04:46 PM,
There is a public boat launch as you come in from the south near Ozzie's Restauraunt. A right turn at the T in the road on Hwy 47 will take you along the East side of the lake and the public access is right there. There is easy access to Big Point and several other rock piles in and near that bay which would be prime cray fish and anchor hunting areas.
Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com
04-09-2003, 08:53 PM,
Scott, is the water deep enough to dive close to shore or do you have to swim out pretty far?
04-15-2003, 07:34 AM,
I have some relatives on Mille Laces. Their storage house has a number of anchors found while scuba.
Leon
04-16-2003, 08:27 AM,
Are there any laws against messing with fishermen? My ex father-in-law has a cabin up there and fishes it regularly, I'd love to tie a 'Billy the Bass' on his line... Wink
04-16-2003, 08:34 AM,
No laws that I know about, but their is an element of risk :o

Imagine getting caught by a treble hook and then the look on his EYES when they real you in screaming after he sets the hook!!!

I have thought the fisherman idea would be a bit safer with Ice fishing. 8)
04-16-2003, 09:21 AM,
Chris: It would be a challenge...But super funny!!!!
igotoofar: We actually could have tried the ice fishing thing but they quit fishing before we got in the water. Actually packed up their house on their truck and took off!!!

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
04-16-2003, 09:45 AM,
Did they leave because they were done, or was it because you were setting up to dive?

I wonder how much of your air would vent up through the ice fishing hole. That could cause some tension in the ice house!!

I suppose a CCR would be best, so you don't tip the fisherman above off with your bubbles!
04-16-2003, 09:59 AM,
Scott, is the water deep enough to dive close to shore or do you have to swim out pretty far?
[/quote]
The public launch is actually a small stream that runs in to the lake and is fairly shallow as far as I remember. However, if you shore dive from Big Point the water drops to 20 feet without much of a swim. The lake actually sits on a hill if you look at the surrounding topography. My point is that the whole lake is shallow.
Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com