Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Adventure -- MOA
03-12-2002, 01:57 PM,
Underwater Adventure -- MOA
Many people don't know that you can give in the freshwater and saltwater<br> tanks at Underwater Adventure in the Mall of America.  Yes, you can meet the sharks.<br><br>I read a good dive report from someone that just visited the tanks.  You can find the report on the Rodale message boards at <br><br>Has anyone on the board done this dive?<br><br>I was thinking about it a couple years ago.  My rescue instructor was the dive officer there.  I could have done this dive for cheap.  Now I think it costs something like $150.<br><br>BTW, they are hiring part time divers to feed the big fish.  Sounds like fun but I don't think my wife would buy into that.  Wink<br>
--Jason
03-12-2002, 03:34 PM,
Re: Underwater Adventure -- MOA
Yeah, I've thought about it but the price is a bit steep. Undecided
03-13-2002, 03:51 AM,
Re: Underwater Adventure -- MOA
If anyone wants to go this summer, let me know... I'd be interested.<br><br>PS:<br>I have heard that the freshwater dive is pretty cool, but the salt water dive is a little lame. Reason for this is that in the salt water dive they make you go to the bottom and kneel, watch the sharks go by, and the move to a new location and repeat...<br><br>IMO:<br>Would still be worth the money to get my first shark experience in this kind of environment and just to be able to be guaranteed a shark encounter would be really cool! And to be able to say that you went SCUBA diving in a Mall... how many people can say that!
08-20-2002, 03:50 PM,
Re:Underwater Adventure -- MOA
I am up for this during the winter Smile
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
08-20-2002, 04:11 PM,
Cool! Let's plan on a 'mid-winter, gotta dive now' get together and dive it this winter...<br><br>How many takers can we get for this one? Perhaps I'll see if we can get a discount or group rate if we get enough people interested...
08-20-2002, 04:12 PM,
Cool! Let's plan on a 'mid-winter, gotta dive now' get together and dive it this winter...<br><br>How many takers can we get for this one? Perhaps I'll see if we can get a discount or group rate if we get enough people interested...
08-20-2002, 05:47 PM,
I would for sure go in the winter.
08-20-2002, 05:59 PM,
You can count me in. It'll be something to look forward to during the winter.
08-20-2002, 07:53 PM,
Yeah...with as much diving as I've been doing this summer I'll be bummin' over the winter so I'll probably be up for it.
08-22-2002, 10:35 AM,
I'm in for this.<br>
Leon