Remember me
Lost Password Register

It's Lake Superior Time again
11-21-2003, 11:43 AM,
It's Lake Superior Time again
Hey everyone,

We're heading up to Lake Superior this weekend. We will leave Saturday night around 6:00 and will be staying in Silver Bay. We'll probably dive Sunday between 11:00 and 12:00 at the Madiera. If anyone would like to join us you are more than welcome. If you want to meet us on Sunday, just show up, otherwise just give us a call about hooking up with us Saturday night. Don't let a little cold weather and snow scare you away. Water is sometimes warmer than air.

Hope to see you there,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
11-22-2003, 03:14 PM,
Re:It's Lake Superior Time again
Bad news everyone,

We are rescheduling for next weekend. I don't think we have ever cancelled due to weather, but the latest forcast shows 12" s of snow on sunday and driving conditions are supposed to be terrible. We have decided to move it to next saturday/sunday. Sorry to wimp out, but safety first.

Happy Diving and keep warm,
Richard
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
11-24-2003, 01:15 AM,
How many dives are you planning on doing per day, and which wrecks are you planning on going to?
11-24-2003, 10:04 AM,
Is this a camping event??? If not were are you staying?

Chris Bloss
11-24-2003, 10:43 AM,
We will probably stay at the Mariner motel Sat. night. I am doing one dive on the Madeira on Sunday unless the weather is really warm. Usualy the drysuits and other equipment freeze solid before we have a chance to do a second dive.
11-28-2003, 10:39 AM,
Hope everyone had a happy turkey day. Stay away from the malls today if you can. I was at Best Buy this Am and waited nearly an hour to get checked out. What a mess. I wanted to try and get a head count of people comming up this weekend. We will be diving around 11:00am at the Madiera on Sunday. A group of us are going up Sat night and anyone is welcome to join us. We are planning a bon fire Sat night at Split Rock campground. We will probably stay at the Mariner in Silver Bay. Drop me a line if you would like to come. I will check room availability tonight and probably make reservations.

Happy Diving,
Richard