Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive trip: Playa del Carmen
03-07-2002, 08:28 AM,
Dive trip: Playa del Carmen
<br>I'm going to Playa del Carmen in Mexico the first week of April.  Playa del Carmen is located on the Mexican mainland, right across from Cozumel.<br><br>I plan to dive 4-5 days --- both on the mainland and at Coz.  Fortunately we are going with a sizeable group of friends so my wife won't miss me!  I've never done that<br>much diving in one week before.<br><br>I have gone diving off of Cancun before, but never Coz.  My goals are to: dive Coz, dive the cenotes (huge cave systems), and do a night dive.<br><br>Right now my big dillema is trying to figure out which dive shop to use.  There are so many options.  I may end up using one shop for Coz dives and a different shop for cenotes dives.  <br><br>I'll plan on filing a trip report when I get back.  I'm counting the days!  <br><br>--Jason
--Jason
03-07-2002, 10:33 AM,
Re: Dive trip: Playa del Carmen
;D<br><br>All I can say is... I'm Jealous!
03-09-2002, 05:05 AM,
Quote: ;D<br><br>All I can say is... I'm Jealous!
<br><br>Me too!!!
03-20-2002, 09:40 AM,
When I was in Coz we only dove Coz, but someone on our trip dove both.  He ended up using different shops.  If your interested I can see if I can get hold of him for his recommendations in PLaya?  E-mail me if your ineterested.
03-20-2002, 02:56 PM,
<br>Starfish,<br><br>We are diving the first two days with Scuba Shack at Coz.  I'm diving and my friend is doing his OW cert dives. They have been great to work with via email and on the phone.  They even offered to move back their morning dive time to accomodate our ferry commute.<br><br>We are diving the cenotes with Sealife divers in PDC on<br>the third day.  <br><br>I am going to do at least one more day of dives -- or at least a night dive.  I don't know where yet.  I'll just figure it out when I get down there. <br><br>Two more weeks!!
--Jason
03-21-2002, 05:08 AM,
My DH and I are trying to figure out if we want to go back to Coz in October or try Bonaire.<br><br>Anyone been to Bonaire?
05-01-2002, 11:33 PM,
Don't forget to check out the chamber (not that way! Do a tour).<br><br>Also, if you're up to it, spend a little extra cash and check out Yucatech Expeditions and do a guided cavern tour of the Cenotes.  This was a great Dive!  Nothing like looking up through a pond from the bottom and seeing the light play off the walls of a chamber.  A great contrast to the drift diving!<br><br>http://www.cozumel-diving.net/yucatech/<br><br><br>